Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sad But True

While I am still a huge fan of Jon & Kate Plus 8, season 4 felt different (the finale aired last Monday), and I couldn't put my finger on it until now. Somehow I found my way to Peter Harlaub's article where he articulates the family's evolution that has made then unrelatable. Where I was first interested to see how Jon and Kate afforded groceries for 10 people, Christmas presents and new clothes, it is now clear how they've profited for the show, making any budgeting issues seem non-existent. Their struggle has gone from parenting 8 kids to handling fame, not exactly the show's original premise. Never fear, I am still tuned in (I have to know if Alexis adds to her aldergator collection), but much of the show's unique charm has evaporated. Side note, I am currently reading Kate's Multiple Bles8ings: Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets to get the nitty gritty details on all things Gosselin. For me, it's a little God-heavy. Her story and faith could easily be conveyed without the almost compulsive religious references, but what else could I expect given the title? The good news: Mady seems way less annoying in print.

No comments: