Friday, August 14, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
This video is day-making because Dane says what everyone is thinking: Vanessa Hudgens had her SECOND (yes, there has already been one) "leaked" naked photo. Seriously, stop it.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
- Jimmy is young- a mere 34 years old! Reflecting this advantage, recurring segments include playing beer pong with celebrity guests (even Betty White partook), his unrelenting quest for a Saved by the Bell cast reunion (see Mark-Paul Gosselaar's recent appearance) and his "Intense" segments (Will Ferrell's was comedy gold, as expected). Jimmy's comedic point of view is far more youthful than anything in late night (Conan still rocks, but I'm guessing he will be forced to chuck some of his previous Late Show schtick to uphold the Tonight Show mainstream standard).
- Two words: The Roots. You might think this was sell-outy of the band, but by Jimmy losing the generic, Bar-Mitzvah party vibe other late night bands bring (no matter how great they were pre-network gigs), it ups Jimmy's cool factor and also pulls in some sweet musical guests (as outlined in this article, which inspired the post you're reading).
- Jimmy has love for the game. He grew up a die-hard SNL fan (it's a wiki link, but it's true!) and worked his way from fan to cast member to co-anchor of Weekend Update. For anyone who has idolized a performer, in any artistic capacity, you have to give him credit (in other words, I'm insanely jealous).
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Unlike Ross Geller's, this list is not laminated, so it is subject to revision. In no particular order:
1) Clooney (even though he's better than a list)
2) Josh Jackson
3) Matthew Fox
4) Naveen Andrews
5) Andy Samberg
Oldies but goodies (i.e., possible alternates): Omar Epps, Malcolm Jamal Warner. One or both may be bumped up once Lost ends.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Monday's Jon & Kate Plus 8 might be too sad for my little heart.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
"She is a 9-year-old girl living on the Lower East Side in 1914 with her Russian-Jewish immigrant parents, siblings and a grandmother known only as Bubbie."
Thursday, May 28, 2009
In case you are wondering, I love Shaquille O'Neal. Here are my reasons:
- Shaq loves a good dance-off (above) and will even perform in earnest (see his routine with the Jabbawockeez).
- Shaq will call you out if you make him mad (see retaliation rap against Kobe Bryant).
- Shaq loves the kids (Oprah intro'd him to a 12- year-old boy who is already taller than the b-ball star! Plus, he had that under-watched reality show helping kids lose the l-b's.).
- Shaq will kindly take time out of his day to shake hands with 5'4" red heads (true story, if I had a pic, it would be posted).
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
"“Jew Casj” (Jewish Casual). That is when a cool out-exterior is masterfully negotiating a jumble of inner-neurosis."While I was raised to think of Jewish Casual as a dress code, I feel my world has expanded by considering it a state of being. Today, neither my outfit or attitude would be described as Jewish Casual, but I have a feeling I will be both for an upcoming family event. L'Chayim!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
For those who loved Christina Aguilera's dirrty days, here's a blast from the past: Xtina's MTV diary! Take a trip to 2002 and enjoy a behind-the-scenes photo shoot for the Stripped album, a performance with the Pussycat Dolls (before they were PCD) and bits of Christina starting to talk about her pet issues (sexuality, domestic abuse, etc.). The ep. is broken into 6 parts, but definitely worth watching.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
- Incorrect Pronunciation: Los Feel-Iz
- Correct Pronunciation: Los Fell-Eez (like Feliz Navidad, get it?!)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
My first embedded video, welcome to the future! More importantly, while I'm not a Wanda Sykes fan, I didn't mind her 'controversial' comments about Rush Limbaugh at the White House correspondence dinner. Anyone who attacked Sykes was secretly laughing and afraid to get caught so they jumped the gun. Plus, I loved that she told Michelle Obama that putting her arm around the Queen of England was the visual equivalent to patting the Queen on her back for sliding in to home plate.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
"Like most people, I have male and female friends and I'm not going to end my friendships just because I'm on TV," Jon tells E! [News] in a statement. "However, being out with them late at night showed poor judgment on my part. What makes me sick is that my careless behavior has put my family in this uncomfortable position. My family is the most important thing in my life and it kills me that these allegations have hurt them."
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
"I think it's great Americans are able to choose one or the other," she said. "We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what in my country, in my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be, between a man and a woman."PS- Who says 'opposite marriage?' And yes, I realize Obama has echoed Prejean's views while campaigning which begs the question, will a presidential candidate ever be able to fully support gay marriage and win?
Monday, April 20, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
"She was great. She was lovely. She was just like one of the gang. She was very, very articulate. She was very, very opinionated. She was very compassionate. She had a very sophisticated palate."Really?! A respected actress and beloved wife and mother has just passed away and you comment on her palate?
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
"I guess it depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is."While Bill Clinton made that line famous, I still love that the absurdity of that case was thrown in his face (that rhymed).
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
"...[A]ll of the songs are sort of like, ‘I’m getting all my girls together, we’re gonna go out’ and ‘I’ve got holes cut out for bleep, I got flashlights on me'. And then it’s like, ‘why’s everybody looking at me? ‘Everybody’s looking at me’ because oh, did you hear verse two, Britney?”
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
- a woman who unknowingly dates a terrorist and has "he-beats-me-because-he-loves-me" syndrome
- a woman who goes along with her married love interest's scheme to crash the FBI computer system (the agency they both work for) merely because he says, "I love you."
- a female agent who acts to be the emotional mess (and I mean MESS) in comparison to Jack Bauer's steely exterior after any and all action scenes.
Really 24?! This is the best you can do with your female characters? Now I'm only left with tech genius Chloe who is written as utterly sarcastic (hilarious) but nothing outside that one note. It's the old smart vs. pretty pickle. Don't get me wrong, I will continue to watch so I can decode Kiefer Sutherland's whisper-yells each week, but I don't have much hope for these lady characters (2 are already dead, go figure).
Monday, February 23, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
"People ask, 'How do actresses do it?' Um, they pay us to do this in order to look good on film. I do Pilates, kickboxing, weight training. When I'm in Austin, I run or ride a bike. If I can work out every day, I will. But there are times when I won't do anything for two weeks, and I'm like, 'You know what? I talk enough to burn calories.'"Besides, we all know what happens when you don't work out. Right, Jessica? (burn!)
Monday, February 9, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
"The last cigarette I smoked was the day I found out I as pregnant with Apple," she says. "I'm so pissed off it gives you cancer. But then, once you have children, if you've witnessed a death like I did with my father, you just can't. But I've decided that when I'm about 70 I'm going to start smoking again. Why not? I can't wait!"
Monday, February 2, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- Both have great hair.
- Both have shown complete dedication to the women they love.
- Both have an amazing sense of style in the present day/future (I'm not yet clear on the ins & outs of time travel).
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Evangelist Ted Haggard, His Wife and the Gay Sex Scandal: Former evangelical leader Ted Haggard on the life he hid from his wife, his children and 30 million devoted followers. The gay sex and drug scandal that took him down.While I will watch to laugh at his suspect answers, I find this situation more sad than anything else. In a recent U.S. News and World Report interview, Haggard's 'counselor' that was helping him be straight again (no, I'm not kidding) noted Haggard had a good relationship with the G-o-d, but Haggard essentially acknowledged the fight between his mind and his biology,
"According to the Bible, you are in fine relationship with the Lord Jesus." And I said I think I am. I love Him. I've never rebelled against him willingly. This has been a wrestling in my life, never an acceptance thing."