Monday, January 26, 2009

Put Your Tape Decks on Record!

This Wednesday 1/28 Oprah will be interviewing (and hopefully grilling) Ted Haggard and his wife. The show topic reads,
Evangelist Ted Haggard, His Wife and the Gay Sex Scandal: Former evangelical leader Ted Haggard on the life he hid from his wife, his children and 30 million devoted followers. The gay sex and drug scandal that took him down.
While I will watch to laugh at his suspect answers, I find this situation more sad than anything else. In a recent U.S. News and World Report interview, Haggard's 'counselor' that was helping him be straight again (no, I'm not kidding) noted Haggard had a good relationship with the G-o-d, but Haggard essentially acknowledged the fight between his mind and his biology,
"According to the Bible, you are in fine relationship with the Lord Jesus." And I said I think I am. I love Him. I've never rebelled against him willingly. This has been a wrestling in my life, never an acceptance thing."

No comments: