"She is a 9-year-old girl living on the Lower East Side in 1914 with her Russian-Jewish immigrant parents, siblings and a grandmother known only as Bubbie."
Friday, May 29, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
In case you are wondering, I love Shaquille O'Neal. Here are my reasons:
- Shaq loves a good dance-off (above) and will even perform in earnest (see his routine with the Jabbawockeez).
- Shaq will call you out if you make him mad (see retaliation rap against Kobe Bryant).
- Shaq loves the kids (Oprah intro'd him to a 12- year-old boy who is already taller than the b-ball star! Plus, he had that under-watched reality show helping kids lose the l-b's.).
- Shaq will kindly take time out of his day to shake hands with 5'4" red heads (true story, if I had a pic, it would be posted).
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
"“Jew Casj” (Jewish Casual). That is when a cool out-exterior is masterfully negotiating a jumble of inner-neurosis."While I was raised to think of Jewish Casual as a dress code, I feel my world has expanded by considering it a state of being. Today, neither my outfit or attitude would be described as Jewish Casual, but I have a feeling I will be both for an upcoming family event. L'Chayim!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
For those who loved Christina Aguilera's dirrty days, here's a blast from the past: Xtina's MTV diary! Take a trip to 2002 and enjoy a behind-the-scenes photo shoot for the Stripped album, a performance with the Pussycat Dolls (before they were PCD) and bits of Christina starting to talk about her pet issues (sexuality, domestic abuse, etc.). The ep. is broken into 6 parts, but definitely worth watching.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
- Incorrect Pronunciation: Los Feel-Iz
- Correct Pronunciation: Los Fell-Eez (like Feliz Navidad, get it?!)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
My first embedded video, welcome to the future! More importantly, while I'm not a Wanda Sykes fan, I didn't mind her 'controversial' comments about Rush Limbaugh at the White House correspondence dinner. Anyone who attacked Sykes was secretly laughing and afraid to get caught so they jumped the gun. Plus, I loved that she told Michelle Obama that putting her arm around the Queen of England was the visual equivalent to patting the Queen on her back for sliding in to home plate.