Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Love Lockdown

I love music but many could argue my taste is questionable, depending on how judgmental you are feeling. But, since my mans and I have very different musical loves, I've decided to open my ears, for the sake of tolerating long car rides (sike, it's not really that bad).
Last night I went to the Raconteurs show here in the city if angels and found new love for Jack White. He displayed solid footwork while playing his many guitars and his raspy voice was a treat! I didn't really care for the opening act or its lead singer's choice to smoke during a song (meaning she purposely brought her cigs on stage with her, that tries-too-harder), but I enjoyed the venue- the Greek Theatre- and while the show wasn't exceptionally long, its length allowed the band to leave on a high note (no pun intended).
Another current fave: Kings of Leon on SNL. This sex is on fire: those beardy hipsters found a way into my cold heart!
Some other faves that I love without having to push my musical boundaries: Kanye West's new single (R.I.P. Donda) for its diversion from current hip hop themes, Danity Kane (but not pretty, pretty Aubrey), Solange Knowles (Beyonce should be pissed her sister's second effort is far superior to any of her own albums) and last but not least, Herbie Hancock featuring Christina Aguilera on "A Song for You:" Christina is on fire during her 20's, 30's, 40's throwback incarnation (with a modern twist, of course).

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Basically Jack White is my sexy-ugly crush, has been for years! Only I don't even think he's that ugs . . . I just feel pressured to say that when peeps make fun of me! Kinda wanted to hit it Civil War-style in Cold Mountain, ridic movie chock-full of trendy celeb cameos!